Dominique A. Penson
Email: Dom Penson
I was born in France, and like so many others, I immigrated to New York.
As a accident lawyer, I always have represented victims of personal injury, albeit in a variety of contexts, including medical malpractice, products liability, sexual harassment, employment discrimination, and negligence. Always having worked in a small boutique firm, I take pride in handling every aspect of my cases, from inception through trial and appeals when necessary. I believe that a hands-on approach gives us, as plaintiffs' attorneys, more control over the cases and guarantees our clients a better result.
I give a great deal of credit for my ability to handle complex medical malpractice cases to my wife, who is a physician. I could not overstate how helpful it is to have a surgeon at home who can answer all of my medical questions.
In 2002 and 2003 I had the privilege of arguing important firefighter cases in front of both the Appellate Division and the New York Court of Appeals.
Admitted to practice
- New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 1990
- New York County Lawyers' Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Giuffrida v. Citibank Corp., 100 N.Y.2d 72, 760 N.Y.S.2d 397 (2003)
- Scherrer v. Time Equities, Inc., 218 A.D.2d 116, 634 N.Y.S.2d 680 (1st Dep't 1995)
- Mondello v. New York Blood Ctr. --Greater N.Y. Blood Program, 80 N.Y.2d 219, 590 N.Y.S.2d 19 (1992)
For a free consultation with Dom Penson, call 212.385.8000 or contact us online.