If you were injured due to the malpractice of a healthcare provider, we can help you get the compensation you deserve
Healthcare providers have both a professional and legal obligation to perform their duties with competence and diligence. If a doctor, nurse, or other medical professional fails to perform his or her duty in accordance with the prevailing professional standard of care and you suffer an injury due to that negligence, you can be compensated for your injuries.
Medical malpractice is not simply an undesired outcome or medical complication. To result from malpractice, the undesired outcome or complication must be due to a healthcare provider's negligence. This can require a great deal of investigation and analysis by experts.
Medical malpractice includes—
- When a healthcare professional fails to properly diagnose or treat a medical condition, and that failure results in a new or aggravating injury to the patient
- When a healthcare professional acts in a manner that is considered unacceptable to how other health professionals in the same field would act
Common examples of medical malpractice include—
- Failure to properly diagnose a disease or illness
- Failure to properly monitor patients in the course of a disease or illness
- Failure to properly treat patients with a diagnosed disease or illness
- Surgical errors, including wrong-site surgery or anesthesia errors
- Failure to fully inform patients of risks of procedures and surgeries
- Misuse of prescription drugs
- Improper use of medical equipment or implants
- Negligence when performing a surgical procedure
- Birth injuries or trauma
- Ignoring undesirable prescription drug reactions
Proving medical malpractice is a complex undertaking
At Barasch McGarry Salzman & Penson, PC, our New York personal injury lawyers have extensive experience representing clients who are seriously injured by medical malpractice or doctor negligence in New York. We know the law, we know how to effectively argue cases before a judge and jury to get a favorable verdict, and we are skilled negotiators if an appropriate settlement can be achieved prior to trial.
See also, Dental Malpractice
For a free consultation with a Barasch McGarry Salzman & Penson, PC medical malpractice attorney, call 1-888-746-8212 or contact us online.