Long Island Personal Injury Lawyers
Serving Long Island, Queens, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan
At the New York City and Long Island personal injury law firm of Barasch, McGarry, Salzman & Penson, PC, we apply our in-depth knowledge of New York injury law, gained during nearly 100 years of collective legal experience, to win cases and compensation for clients from all walks of life who live in all five NYC boroughs. We have earned our outstanding reputation for client service and prominence in the New York legal community by being forceful, unwavering advocates for all of our clients. Regardless of their life circumstances, we leave no stone unturned when it comes to promoting our clients’ interests and seeking justice and compensation on their behalf.
When you need an accident lawyer or personal injury attorney in Long Island, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx or Manhattan, remember that the injury lawyers at Barasch, McGarry, Salzman & Penson, PC have produced positive outcomes for clients who suffered personal injuries for the following reasons:
- Automobile Accidents You can’t assume that your rights as a motorist, pedestrian or bystander will automatically be protected just because New York has no-fault traffic laws. “No fault” doesn’t mean there will be “no problem” getting access to the financial resources required to cover the medical care you need and fix the property damage you suffered. The New York accident lawyers at Barasch, McGarry, Salzman & Penson, PC have represented hundreds of clients who were injured in traffic accidents, and helped them successfully assert their rights, protect their interests, and get the help they were entitled to in traffic-related injury cases.
- Slip and Fall Snow storms and icy sidewalks are common during winter, and liquids are often accidentally spilled in grocery stores, restaurants and clubs, but that doesn’t mean you are on your own if you slip and fall. For your protection, New York business and property owners have a legal obligation (“duty”) to ensure that their business or property is safe and properly maintained, that you are made aware of hazards the owner knows about, and that any risks are addressed in a timely way. From their work with clients over the years, the Long Island personal injury attorneys at Barasch, McGarry, Salzman & Penson, PC know exactly what New York business and property owners are required to do to protect you, and will pursue the maximum recovery available if you are injured as a result of a slip and fall accident caused by someone else’s negligence.
- Medical Malpractice Physicians, hospitals and allied health providers are required to take care of you according to the standard of care delivered in NYC by other health professionals and facilities. But even in NYC where the best care is available, some unscrupulous professionals can fail to follow widely accepted practices, and even the best professionals and facilities can make a mistake that has damaging or devastating consequences. The NYC & Queens injury lawyers at Barasch, McGarry, Salzman & Penson, PC have extensive experience representing clients who have been injured as a result of medical malpractice in New York, and will use their superior skills to secure the most favorable outcome for their clients, whether by trial or negotiation and settlement. Either way, making sure your current and future needs are met will be at the core of the work we do for you.
- Firefighter Law Firefighters put their lives on the line in the course of doing their jobs every day. Working in Fire and Rescue is dangerous by definition, and firefighters routinely and heroically face and accept a number of risks just by reporting to work. But that doesn’t mean that any injuries they suffer are just “part of the job” and they are without rights and recourse. Firefighters in New York State now have significant legal rights when someone else’s actions or failure to act puts them at additional risk and they are injured as a result. Those who add to the risks firefighters face can be held accountable for the injuries suffered because of their actions. The experienced attorneys at Barasch, McGarry, Salzman & Penson, PC are honored to help firefighters at all stages of their careers, whether on active duty or retired, take full advantage of any benefits accorded to them under New York State law in exchange for their selfless service.
- Construction Accidents Despite all of the safety precautions that have been developed over the years and advances in construction equipment and technology, construction accidents are still a frequent cause of injuries to both bystanders and workers. Accidents can happen for a number of reasons, including equipment failure, inadequate supervision or preparation, insufficient training, failure to enforce or follow safety practices, or other causes. Whatever the cause (or causes) of construction accident-related injuries may be, the injured party has options that will help compensate them for their suffering and medical expenses. Bystanders may have recourse against the construction company, its personnel or the manufacturer of the equipment or materials used. Workers, on the other hand, may have a workers' compensation claim against their employer that will cover their medical bills, lost wages and other expenses without the need to file suit. Barasch, McGarry, Salzman & Penson, PC understands from its work on behalf of other clients all of the options and processes involved in pursuing the best available compensation for both bystanders and workers.
- Products Liability Holding product manufacturers accountable for injuries caused by the products they make can be a long and complex process, and New York cases are no exception. Successfully handling product liability cases requires intricate knowledge of the applicable laws, experience navigating procedural hurdles, and sometimes substantial resources to help the victim recover for their injuries and get justice. Product liability cases can also be especially difficult because manufacturer can be large firms with significant resources available to defend against these kinds of claims. The lawyers at Barasch, McGarry, Salzman & Penson, PC have both the resources and the zeal to take on any size manufacturer regardless of how difficult or time-consuming the process may be, and their extensive litigation experience is essential in cases that go to trial since victims have the right to have a jury hear their case. They are also tough negotiators who can bring a case to a favorable settlement for their client if that is what is in the client's best interest.
- Airplane Accidents It's an unfortunate reality in the age of air travel that sometimes things go terribly wrong and an airplane crashes. These incidents are becoming increasingly rare due to improved safety precautions, more frequent inspections, stricter safety regulations, and increased pilot training requirements, among other reasons, which shows that many causes of airplane accidents are preventable. Because of the results they have achieved for previous clients, the NYC & Bronx accident attorneys at Barasch, McGarry, Salzman & Penson, PC recognize the importance of their role in holding manufacturers, airlines and regulators accountable for injuries suffered in airplane accidents on behalf of accident victims, so they aggressively pursue all compensation victims are entitled to under New York law.
- Railroad Accidents Both passengers and railroad employees can face injuries caused by a railroad accident, and the lawyers at Barasch, McGarry, Salzman & Penson, PC have helped both recover what they needed to cope with their injuries. Railroad employees may be able to recover for medical costs, lost wages and other expenses under Workers' Compensation without having to file suit, and passengers may have recourse at trial or through a negotiated settlement with the railroad company. Whether representing a passenger or employee, the attorneys at Barasch, McGarry, Salzman & Penson, PC know the complexities of federal and New York railroad law inside and out, and will work tirelessly on behalf of the victims to achieve the best outcome possible under these difficult circumstances.
For a free consultation with a Barasch McGarry Salzman & Penson, PC injury attorney, call 1-888-746-8212 or contact us online.