When to Call Your Personal Injury Lawyer
Although you may wish to avoid getting a lawyer involved in your personal injury claim, it can be necessary. There are several situations when it is in your best interest to obtain a lawyer to protect your rights:
- The insurance company for the other party refuses to settle your claim
- The settlement offer extended by the other party’s insurance company doesn’t cover your current expenses
- Your case is complex and you don’t understand all the legalities of it
- You are severely injured and the compensation you requires is significantly higher than average
- You have suffered injuries expected to be permanent or last at least one year
- Medical malpractice cases can be complex and difficult to prove, so it is best to have a lawyer before you even start
- Exposure to toxic mold is becoming a common problem, but tying it to your physical symptoms can be as difficult to prove as medical malpractice
If you find yourself in any of these situations, plan to hire an attorney as soon as possible.
How to find the right lawyer for you
As you begin your search for a competent personal injury attorney, keep in mind that the staff of Barasch McGarry Salzman & Penson has more than 100 years of collective legal experience. Our law offices are conveniently located in New York City. We take on medical malpractice claims, car accidents, slips and fall accidents, dog bite cases, product liability cases, and several other types of personal injury cases.