Dental Malpractice Lawyer in NYC
Victims of dental malpractice or negligence can count on the expertise of a New York medical malpractice lawyer
Dentists, like doctors, cannot guarantee certain results. However, dentists must provide patients with an acceptable standard of care that meets state regulations and professional standards. If you have suffered a significant injury due to a dentist’s incompetence, negligence or intentional misconduct, contact an NY dental malpractice lawyer to learn more about your options. You could be entitled to compensatory damages to pay for corrective treatment, lost wages and pain and suffering.
A dental or medical malpractice lawsuit is not easy to win. The case requires intense investigation and expert opinions. Hiring an experienced New York dental malpractice attorney with an extensive knowledge of the law and court system helps you win the settlement you deserve.
Dental malpractice includes —
- When a dental professional fails to diagnose properly or treat a dental condition, and that failure causes new or additional injury to the patient
- When a dental professional acts in an unacceptable, unprofessional or illegal manner
Common examples of medical malpractice include —
- Delayed diagnoses
- Delayed treatment of oral disease or other condition
- Dental surgical errors
- Failure to diagnose oral disease or condition
- Failure to monitor a patient’s oral disease or condition
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Misuse of dental tools or infection caused by dental tools
- Needless removal of teeth
- Negligent dental work
- Permanent or temporary injuries to the nerves or structure of the tongue, jaw, chin and lips
- Permanent or temporary loss of taste or sensation
The law firm of Barasch McGarry Salzman & Penson employs an impressive team of experienced New York personal injury lawyers. We provide aggressive yet personalized legal counsel to those suffering injury from dental malpractice as well as medical malpractice, nursing home and elder abuse, and birth injuries. Please call us today at 888.489.3752 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.